You can view the available appliance updates and update your current appliance version to the latest version.
- Ensure that you have the required permissions. For more information, see Overview of Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu Roles.
- Take a backup and download the backup file.
- Download the new version OVA package from the Product Download page.
- Ensure that you have the application-transformer_version_updaterepo.zip file of the new version to update.
- Log into your existing version of the Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu.
- Navigate to the top right corner and click on the user name.
- Go to Administration.
- Click Appliance Lifecycle.
- Select the Updates tab to see the list of available appliance versions.
- Click Upload and select the valid application-transformer_version_updaterepo.zip file.
Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu uploads and validates the file.
- Click Update.
Note: You do not see the Update option in case of any error in the uploaded file.
- When the update process starts, the appliance will be in maintenance mode, which does not allow any operations, including other users.
- After the successful update, you see the newer version listed in the table.