You install the Horizon FLEX Client for Windows (Workstation Player) on a Windows machine by running the installation wizard.
- Verify that your Windows machine meets the host system requirements. See Host System Requirements for Workstation Player.
- Download the Horizon FLEX Client for Windows installer to your Windows machine. You can obtain the Horizon FLEX Client for Windows .exe installer file from the VMware Web site, or your Horizon FLEX administrator might have provided you with a link to obtain the Workstation Player .bat or .cmd installer file.
- If necessary, obtain the Horizon FLEX license key for Workstation Player.
Either you or the Horizon FLEX administrator must provide the Horizon FLEX license key for the Horizon FLEX virtual machine to run in Workstation Player.
- The administrator provides the license key by configuring licensing in the Horizon FLEX server prior to your installing or upgrading the Horizon FLEX Client. In this situation, you do not need to obtain the license key. The Horizon FLEX server distributes the Horizon FLEX Client license key when you successfully connect to the Horizon FLEX server with Workstation Player.
- If the administrator does not configure licensing in the Horizon FLEX server, you must obtain the license key to perform this procedure.
- On your Windows machine, double-click the Workstation Player installer.
- Follow the prompts to finish the installation.
- Double-click the VMware Player icon or select > VMware Player to start Workstation Player.
- Select Enter a license key to enable VMware Workstation Player features or to allow commercial use.
- If necessary, enter the Horizon FLEX license key.
If the Horizon FLEX administrator configured the license for you, when you use Workstation Player to connect to the Horizon FLEX server, the client retrieves the license key for you.
- Click Continue.
What to do next
Download the Horizon FLEX virtual machine. See Download a Horizon FLEX Virtual Machine with Workstation Player.