Configure an instance of VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vRealize Network Insight in the cloud environment.
In vRealize Operation Cloud, configure the vCenter, NSX-T, and NSX for vSphere Management Pack with the appropriate cloud proxy settings.
- On the menu, click Administration.
- In the left pane, expand Solutions and click Other Accounts.
- Under Other Accounts, click the vRealize Network Insight Adapter icon.
- Configure the adapter instance.
A name for the adapter instance.
(Optional) The description of the adapter instance.
Select and add the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials to access the environment of this management pack, click the plus sign.
Credential Name. Credential Name.
CSP Refresh Token. The CSP Refresh token of vRealize Network Insight Cloud. To generate the CSP Refresh Token in vRealize Network Insight Cloud:
Log in to the VMware Cloud Services and select the vRealize Network Insight Cloud account.
Select your user profile in the top-right corner, and click My Account.
In the My Account page, click API Tokens, and then click Generate Token.
Copy or save this token.
Collector / Group
Select the default collector group.
Note: With vRealize Operations cloud, vRealize Network Insight Management Pack user won't be allowed to select any proxy collector.
To initiate the authentication request to the CSP authentication service, click Validate Connection.
- You can collect User Defined Events of vRealize Network Insight as notifications in vRealize Operations Manager. To do so, enable the Import User defined events as Notifications option under Advanced Settings.
- Click Add.
The adapter instance is added to the list.
What to do next
Verify that the adapter is configured and collecting data by viewing its status or by viewing collected alerts in the alerts section of vROps. The alerts are available after two to three collection cycles.