You can configure adapter instances and add the vRealize Operations Manager instances you want to monitor.
- Verify that you have installed vRealize Operations Federation Management Pack.
- From the Solutions list, select vROps Federation Adapter.
- Click the gear icon to edit an object.
- Enter the display name of the adapter.
- Enter the source vRealize Operations Manager host name or IP address.
Note: You can either use the host name of IP address of the primary node of your child vRealize Operations Manager deployment or use the Load Balancer Virtual IP or DNS Name. Use a short name and do not use FQDN.
- Enter the federation_config in the Configuration File Name.
federation_config is the default configuration file shipped with the management pack. For more information, see Configuration File in Federation MP.
- Enter the Credential details. The user name must be in the username@vropsAuthenticationSourceName format.
- Optionally, configure the Advance Settings.
- By default, the setting Append 'vROps Host' to Resource name is set to True. This setting appends the child vRealize Operations Manager IP name to the resource name. When the setting Append 'vROps Host' to Resource name is set to False, the suffix will not be appended to the resource name.
- By default, the child vRealize Operations Manager Port is set to 443. The child vRealize Operations Manager is also used by the federation adapter to retrieve resources and data.
- Click Save Settings.
- Repeat the steps from step 1 through step 8 for multiple instances of vRealize Operations Manager.
- You can view the collection status of all the multiple instances of vRealize Operations Manager under the solution page.