The vRealize Operations Federation Management Pack requires a dedicated instance of vRealize Operations Manager on which this solution is installed. The dedicated instance applies the management pack to communicate to your other vRealize Operations Manager instances in your environment to collect key metrics.
- Download the vRealize Operations Federation Management Pack PAK file from VMware Marketplace.
- Verify that you have at least one vRealize Operations Manager node deployed to install the federation management pack.
- It is recommended to install the VMware SDDC Management Health Solution on the child vRealize Operations Manager instances, to get a federated view of the health of all the SDDC core and management applications installed across your environment.
- Verify that each vRealize Operations Manager instance is communicating with the centralized instance and vice-versa.
Note: The federation adapter requires the same port to communicate as the web interface. There is no requirement of an additional open port.
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager with administrator privileges.
- In the menu, select Administration and in the left pane select .
- On the Repository tab, click Add/Upgrade.
- Browse to locate the temporary folder and select the PAK file.
- Click Upload.
The upload might take several minutes.
- Read and accept the EULA, and click Next.
- When the Federation Management pack is installed, click Finish.