After the installation, configure an instance for this management pack.
- Install the Management Pack for Google Cloud Platform.
- Obtain the service account JSON file. See Creating a Service Account.
- Determine the services for which you collect metrics. See Supported GCP Services,
- Determine the regions to which you subscribe. The default value * includes all regions in your subscription. If you do not want to subscribe to all regions, you can specify region identifiers in the Regions field.
Table 1. Region-Friendly Name Region Identifier Asia Pacific (Taiwan) asia-east1 Asia Pacific (Hong Kong) asia-east2 Asia Pacific (Tokyo) asia-northeast1 Asia Pacific (Osaka) asia-northeast2 Asia Pacific (Seoul) asia-northeast3 Asia Pacific (Mumbai) asia-south1 Asia Pacific (Singapore) asia-southeast1 Asia Pacific (Sydney) australia-southeast1 EU (Finland) europe-north1 EU (Belgium) europe-west1 EU (London) europe-west2 EU (Frankfurt) europe-west3 EU (Netherlands) europe-west4 EU (Zürich) europe-west6 South America(Canada) northamerica-northeast1 South America (Osasco) southamerica-east1 Iowa (Central) us-central1 US East (South Carolina) us-east1 US East (Northern Virginia) us-east4 US West (Oregon) us-west1 US West (Los Angeles) us-west2 US West (Salt Lake City) us-west3 ASIA (Multi-regions) asia EU (Multi-regions) eu US (Multi-regions) us
- Determine any denylist or allowlist filters. These filters use regular expressions to filter in or out specific objects by name. For example, a allow list filter of .
*indows.*allows only objects with a name including "indows". A denylist filter of .
*indows.*filters out all objects with that string in their name.
- On the menu, click Administration.
- In the left pane, expand Solutions and click Other Accounts.
- Under Other Accounts, click the ADD ACCOUNT icon.
- Configure the adapter instance.
Option Description Display Name The name for the adapter instance. Description (Optional) The description of the adapter instance. Project Id Enter the Google Cloud Platform service account project Id. Credential Select the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials to access this management pack environment, click the plus sign.
- Credential Name. Enter an instance name for the credential values you are creating. This is not the name of the adapter instance, but a friendly name for the Service account JSON file credential.
- Service Account JSON. Provide the service account private key downloaded as a JSON file.
- Provide the HTTP proxy details in the following text boxes.
- Proxy Host Name
- Proxy Port
- Proxy Username
- Proxy Password
Collector / Group
Select the collector upon which you want to run the adapter instance. A collector gathers objects into its inventory for monitoring. The collector specified by default has been selected for optimal data collecting.
- Click the arrow to the left of the Advanced Settings to configure advanced settings.
Option Action Services
Selected the required services from which the data has to be collected. If the Services drop-down is left blank, the data is collected from all the services.
Selected the required regions from which the data has to be collected. If the Regions drop-down is left blank, the data is collected from all the regions.
Support Auto Discovery
Set this option to true for automatic discovery of the Google Cloud Platform services. If you set this value to false, when you create an adapter instance you must perform manual discovery of services.
Allowed List Regex
Add regular expressions to allow only objects with names that fit the criteria you specify.
Denied List Regex Add regular expressions to filter out objects by name.
- To initiate the authentication request, click Validate Connection.
- Click Save.
The adapter instance is added to the list.
What to do next
|Where to View the Information||Information to View|
|Collection Status and Collection State columns in the MP for GCP Solution Details pane on the Solutions tab||The strings Collecting or Data receiving appear approximately 10 minutes after you have configured the adapter.|
|Environment Overview||The objects related to Google Cloud Platform are added to the inventory trees.|
|Dashboards||The Management Pack for Google Cloud Platform dashboards are added to vRealize Operations Manager.|