Configure an instance for this management pack.
You must have the administrative user credentials on the Horizon Connection server while adding credentials for this adapter.
- On the menu, click Administration.
- In the left pane, expand Solutions and click Other Accounts.
- Under Other Accounts, click the ADD ACCOUNT icon and then select the VMware Horizon Adapter.
- Configure the adapter instance.
Option Description Name The name for the adapter instance. Description The description of the adapter instance. Horizon Connection Server Enter the FQDN or Host name of the Horizon connection server. Credential Select the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials to access this management pack environment, click the plus sign.
- Credential Name. The name by which you are identifying the configured credentials.
- User Name. The user name of the Horizon account.
- Password. The password of the Horizon account.
- Domain Name. The Horizon domain name.
You must have an Administrator role on Horizon for the adapter to work. If you have any other role, that will result in a validation error or Horizon API might fail due to restrictions on the Horizon REST APIs.
Collector / Group
Select the collector upon which you want to run the adapter instance. A collector gathers objects into its inventory for monitoring. The collector specified by default has been selected for optimal data collecting.
- Click the arrow to the left of the Advanced Settings to configure advanced settings
Option Action Enable Application Metric Collection Enable this option to collect metrics from all the application sessions of Horizon. Enable Collection Load Balancing Across Connection Servers Enable this option to allow the adapter to communicate with all the available connection servers of the Horizon Pod. By default, the adapter communicates only with the configured server.Note:
If you have multiple certificates configured for the Horizon connection servers and the data collection load balancing is enabled, then import all the certificates of the Horizon connection servers for successful data collection.
Enable Performance Statistics Collection Enable this option to track the performance of the Management Pack for Horizon adapter instance resource. Enable Logic Metric Collection Enable this option to collect Login Metrics for the horizon environment.Note: To enable Login metric collection, you have to configure Horizon DB and the Logon Monitoring Timing Profile Settings as well as Logon monitor service enabled in the desktop image.
- To initiate the authentication request, click Validate Connection.
- Click Add.
The adapter instance is added to the list.