After you install the management pack, configure an instance for VMware Identity Manager .
- On the menu, click Administration and in the left pane click Solutions.
- Select VMware Identity Manager Management Pack and click the Configure icon.
- Configure the adapter instance.
Option Description Display Name The name for the adapter instance. Description (Optional) The description of the adapter instance. vIDM Host Enter the FQDN, or the IP address. Credential Select the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials to access the VMware Identity Manager environment , click the plus sign.
- Credential Name. The name by which you are identifying the configured credentials.
- User Name. VMware Identity Manager local admin of system domain user name.
- Password. VMware Identity Manager local admin of system domain password.
- Click Test Connection to validate the connection.
- If you are prompted with a certificate pop-up, click Accept.
- Click Save Settings.
The adapter instance is added to the list.
What to do next
Verify that the adapter is configured and collecting data by viewing application-related data.