Verify that you have installed vRealize Operations Management Pack for Container Monitoring.
Verify that the PKS API Hostname (FQDN) is accessible and resolvable.
Verify that the Kubernetes Clusters available in the PKS Environment have the cAdvior DaemonSet configured on port 31194.
- From the main menu of vRealize Operations Manager, click Administration, and then in the left pane, click Solutions.
- From the Solutions list, select VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Container Monitoring.
- Click the Configure icon to edit an object.
- Select PKS Adapter from the Adapter list and configure the adapter instance.
Enter the display name of the adapter.
(Optional) Enter a description for the instance.
PKS API Hostname (FQDN)
Enter the API URL for the PKS instance.
PKS Instance Alias
Enter the alias name for the adapter instance.
Select the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials, click the plus sign.
Credential Name. The name by which you are identifying the configured credentials.
PKS Username. The user name to access the PKS API.
PKS UAA Management Admin Client's secret. The PKS UAA Management Admin client secret.
Provide proxy details in the following fields if accessing the PKS API requires proxy authentication.
- Click Test Connection to validate the connection.
- Click Save Settings.
By default, the PKS Adapter instance auto-discovers the Kubernetes clusters available in the PKS Environment. It creates an appropriate Kubernetes Cluster Resource and a Kubernetes Adapter instance against each cluster.