Configure the Tanzu Mission Control console to start managing clusters. Follow these steps to configure the Tanzu Mission Control.
- From the main menu of vRealize Operations, click Administration, and then in the left pane, click Solutions > Repository.
- From the Solutions list, select VMware vRealize® Operations™ Management Pack for Kubernetes .
- Click the Configure icon to edit an object.
- Select Tanzu Mission Control Adapter from the Adapter list and configure the adapter instance.
Field Name Action
Enter the display name of the TMC adapter.
(Optional) Enter a description for the adapter instance.
Enter the TMC Cloud URL for the TMC instance.
Select the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials, click the plus sign.
Provide proxy details in the following fields if accessing the TKGI API requires proxy authentication.
Credential Name. The name by which you are identifying the configured credentials.
- CSP Refresh Token. Enter the CSP token details used for discovering the Kubernetes cluster from TMC.
- Proxy HostName
- Proxy Port
- Proxy Username
- Proxy Password
Click Validate Connection to validate the connection.
Use Advance Setting to define the following:
- Collectors/Groups. Select the collector or collector group on which you want to run the adapter instance.
This option is set to the optimal collector by default.
- Auto-accept Kubernetes Cluster SSL Certificate. Select the Enabled option to accept the untrusted certificates presented by the K8s adapter instances by default. Select the Disabled option to manually accept the untrusted certificates for the auto-configured K8s adapter instances.
- Enable cAdvisor Install Check. Select the Enabled option to enable install check on cAdvisor. Select the Disabled option to disable install check on cAdvisor.
- Auto-delete Kubernetes Adapter Instance. Select the Enabled option to delete the K8s adapter instances for deleted Kubernetes clusters. Select the Disabled option to retain the K8s adapter instances.
- Click Save.