Configure the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated (TKGI) adapter to monitor the Kubernetes clusters created using TKGI. The Kubernetes adapter instance is automatically created after you configure the TKGI adapter. If you are deploying the Kubernetes cluster through TKGI, do not configure the Kubernetes adapter instance. For the provided PKS/TKGI environment details, the TKGI adapter instance queries the TKGI API every 5 minutes (default collection interval) for new Kubernetes Cluster deployed and creates a Kubernetes Adapter Instance against each discovered cluster.
- From the main menu of vRealize Operations, click Administration, and then in the left pane, click Solutions > Repository.
- From the Solutions list, select VMware vRealize® Operations™ Management Pack for Kubernetes .
- Click the Configure icon to edit an object.
- Select VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated (TKGI) Adapter from the Adapter list and configure the adapter instance.
Enter the display name of the TKGI adapter.
(Optional) Enter a description for the adapter instance.
TKGI API Hostname (FQDN)
Enter the API URL for the TKGI instance.
TKGI Instance Alias
Enter the alias name for the adapter instance.
- To add the credentials, click the Add icon.
The name by which you are identifying the configured credentials.
The user name to access the TKGI API.
PKS UAA Management Admin Client's secret
The PKS UAA Management Admin client secret to access the api.
IP Address of the HTTP Proxy Server.
Proxy Port (80/8080).
Username to access proxy.
Password to authenticate proxy.
(Optional) UAA/LDAP Username
Provide UAA Credentials if Internal UAA is enabled and provide LDAP Credentails if LDAP Server is enabled.
The User Account and Authentication (UAA) or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol(LDAP) credentials is used to communicate with the TKGI UAA server to obtain authentication token and to configure the Kubernetes adapter instance with the authentication model using the bearer token.Note:
The LDAP credentials are required only if the OpenID Connect authentication service is enabled in TKGI.
UAA/LDAP Password UAA/LDAP password.
- Click Validate Connection to validate the connection.
- (Optional) From the Collector/Groups drop-down box in the Advanced Settings area, select the collector or collector group upon which you want to run the adapter instance.This option is set to the optimal collector by default.
- Auto Configure Kubernetes Adapter Instance: Select the Enabled option to discover the Kubernetes cluster in a TKGI instance and create Kubernetes adapter instances automatically. Select the Disabled option to manually create the Kubernetes adapter instance.
- Auto-accept Kubernetes Cluster SSL Certificate: Select the Enabled option to accept the untrusted certificates presented by the K8s adapter instances by default. Select the Disabled option to manually accept the untrusted certificates for the auto-configured K8s adapter instances.
- Auto-delete Kubernetes Adpater Instance: Select the Enabled option to delete the K8s adapter instances for deleted kubernetes clusters. Select the Disabled option to retain the K8s adapter instances.
- Click Save.
By default, the TKGI Adapter instance auto-discovers the Kubernetes clusters available in the TKGI Environment. It creates an appropriate Kubernetes Cluster Resource and a Kubernetes Adapter instance against each cluster.