With Kubernetes becoming the platform of choice to run applications in enterprises, it is essential that an organization has the required tools for the IT teams to operationalize the Kubernetes platform. Whether Kubernetes is hosted on top of VMware’s Software Defined data center or in a native public cloud such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, the central IT teams need full visibility into this new world to assure the performance and availability of business applications. These business applications can continue to use both virtual machines and containers for the foreseeable future. While vRealize Operations provides turnkey integrations into your cloud environments. The Kubernetes integration, ensures that you have full line of sight from your applications to infrastructure to empower IT teams and help them effectively support application owners and line of businesses as they adopt this new platform .
VMware vRealize Operations Manager delivers self-driving IT operations management for private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments in a unified, AI-powered platform. vRealize Operations Manager can monitor multiple Kubernetes solutions, whether it is VMware TKG, RedHat OpenShift, or Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services EC2, Azure, or Google Virtual Machines.
- Auto-discovery of Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated (TKGI) or Tanzu Mission Control (TMC) Kubernetes clusters.
- Complete visualization of Kubernetes cluster topology, including namespaces, clusters, replica sets, nodes, pods, and containers.
- Performance monitoring for Kubernetes clusters.
- Out-of-the-box dashboards for Kubernetes constructs, which include inventory and configuration.
- Multiple alerts to monitor the Kubernetes clusters.
- Mapping Kubernetes nodes with virtual machine objects.
- Report generation for capacity, configuration, and inventory metrics for clusters or pods.