Configure the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated (TKGI) adapter to monitor the Kubernetes clusters created using TKGI. The Kubernetes adapter instance is automatically created after you configure the TKGI adapter. If you are deploying the Kubernetes cluster through TKGI, do not configure the Kubernetes adapter instance.
- From the main menu of vRealize Operations, click Administration, and then in the left pane, click Solutions > Repository.
- From the Solutions list, select VMware vRealize® Operations™ Management Pack for Kubernetes .
- Click the Configure icon to edit an object.
- Select VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated (TKGI) Adapter from the Adapter list and configure the adapter instance.
Field Name Action
Enter the display name of the TKGI adapter.
(Optional) Enter a description for the adapter instance.
TKGI API Hostname (FQDN)
Enter the API URL for the TKGI instance.
TKGI Instance Alias
Enter the alias name for the adapter instance.
Select the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials, click the plus sign.
Provide proxy details in the following fields if accessing the TKGI API requires proxy authentication.
Credential Name. The name by which you are identifying the configured credentials.
- User name. The user name to access the TKGI API.
- PKS UAA Management Admin Client's secret. The PKS UAA Management Admin client secret.
The User Account and Authentication or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol credentials is used to communicate with the TKGI UAA server to obtain authentication token and to configure the Kubernetes adapter instance with the authentication model using the bearer token.
- Proxy HostName
- Proxy Port
- Proxy Username
- Proxy Password
Note: The LDAP credentials are required only if the OpenID Connect authentication service is enabled in TKGI.
- UAA/LDAP Username
- UAA/LDAP Password
Click Validate Connection to validate the connection.
Use Advance Setting to define the following:
- Collectors/Groups. Select the collector or collector group on which you want to run the adapter instance.
This option is set to the optimal collector by default.
- Auto Configure Kubernetes Adapter Instance. Select the Enabled option to discover the Kubernetes cluster in a TKGI instance and create Kubernetes adapter instances automatically. Select the Disabled option to manually create the Kubernetes adapter instance.
- Auto-accept Kubernetes Cluster SSL Certificate. Select the Enabled option to accept the untrusted certificates presented by the K8s adapter instances by default. Select the Disabled option to manually accept the untrusted certificates for the auto-configured K8s adapter instances.
- Auto-delete Kubernetes Adpater Instance. Select the Enabled option to delete the K8s adapter instances for deleted kubernetes clusters. Select the Disabled option to retain the K8s adapter instances.
- Click Save.
Note: By default, the TKGI Adapter instance auto-discovers the Kubernetes clusters available in the TKGI Environment. It creates an appropriate Kubernetes Cluster Resource and a Kubernetes Adapter instance against each cluster.