This topic explains how the Management Pack for Care Systems Analytics works and how to get started using it.
How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for Care Systems Analytics is an IT management solution designed for healthcare organizations that use the Epic® platform. The solution extracts system information from the Epic System Pulse server and integrates it with VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™ to create a single view of system performance across the electronic medical record (EMR) platform and supporting infrastructure.
Epic System Pulse is Epicʹs tool for Epic application monitoring. It consolidates data collected from various resources into a single data repository. The management pack uses Epic System Pulse to gather information about resources and metrics from the environment running Epic.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring your Care Systems Analytics environment from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review theSystem Requirements (Care Systems Analytics) and ensure you have performed the necessary prerequisite tasks:
- Have your Epic System Pulse server FQDN/IP address, SSL user name, and password available.
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (Care Systems Analytics).
- If you need to import historical data into the management pack, see: Loading Historical Data (Care Systems Analytics).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (Care Systems Analytics).
- Start using the management pack.