The Management Pack creates Resource Kinds and Relationships (associations) for critical resources in your Epic environment.
Performance, health, and availability data are collected for the following resource kinds:
Cache – The database that all transactions are processed on. This is represented using three (3) resource kinds in vRealize Operations Manager:
- Cache Host – Represents the host and reveals OS-level metrics
- Cache Instance – Represents the database and reveals database metrics
- Environment – Represents the Epic Environment and reveals metrics about Workflows
Windows Services– A few of the services comprising the Epic for EMR software run as Windows services. These are represented using four (4) resource kinds in vRealize Operations Manager:
- Epic Interconnect
- Epic Print Service (EPS)
- Epic Relay Service (Relay)
- Epic Windows Host – The actual Windows machine hosting the above services; reveals OS-level metrics.
Relationships among discovered resources are also created by the management pack, which are depicted in the diagram below.
Epic Relationships Diagram