Once you have finished Installing the Management Pack (Care Systems Analytics) and Configuring the Management Pack (Care Systems Analytics), check the Collection State and Collection Status for the adapter instance on the Solutions page. If they show as Not Collecting or No Data Receiving, respectively, the following troubleshooting topics can help you diagnose and correct common problems with your adapter instance.
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Adapter and Collector Log Files
Review the following items for basic troubleshooting the Epic management pack within vRealize Operations Manager.
Accessing the Debugging dashboard in vRealize Operations Manager.
Double‐click a resource in an Care Systems Analytics dashboard. This opens Resource details, Summary tab. From this click the Analysis tab, then the Anomalies tab to view additional debugging information about what is affecting the health of this resource.
Adapter and Collector Log Files
You can review adapter errors in the adapter and collector log files, which can be viewed in the vROps UI or in an external log viewer.
- Adapter log files are located in the $VCOPS_BASE/user/log/adapters/EpicCareAdapter/ folder.
- Collector log files are located in the $VCOPS_BASE/user/log/ folder.
To set the base log level for the collector in vROps:
- Navigate to Administration > Logs.
- Expand the MASTER folder, then select the COLLECTOR folder.
- Click the Edit Properties icon.
In the Root logger level drop-down menu, select the desired option:
- The default logging level is warning.
- To troubleshoot issues, set the logging level to info.
To view detailed messages, including micro steps, queries, and returned results, set the logging level to debug.Caution: If you set the logging level to debug , log files can become large very quickly. Set the logging level to debug only for short periods of time.
For more information about viewing log files and modifying levels, refer to the vROps online help.