Before you can begin using the MEDITECH management mack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the management pack will retrieve data.
- Installing the Management Pack (MEDITECH)
Verify that you know the MEDITECH SIRT share path details and login credentials to connect and collect data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select Meditech Adapter from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Namelist on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the MEDITECH management pack.
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple adapter instances of the management pack.
- Basic Settings:
SIRT share path: Enter the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the MEDITECH SIRT file share path to which you are connecting using the following form: smb://<FQDN>/<sharepath>.Note: The MEDITECH SIRT share path FQDN must be reachable from all nodes in the vRealize Operations Manager cluster. In addition, depending on your network configuration, you may:
Be able to use the IP address or hostname of the MEDITECH SIRT share path.
Have to update firewall rules to enable communication for the vRealize Operations Manager virtual machine with the MEDITECH SIRT share path over ports 80 and 443.
- Auto Discovery: When you enable autodiscovery (set to true ; default and recommended setting), the management pack creates resources and relationships in vROps, then collects data for the discovered resources after the main collection query runs. This should not be set to False.
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (MEDITECH), or click the Add icon to create a set of credentials now.
- Advanced Settings:
- Collector(s)/Groups: The collector you select determines which vRealize Operations Manager collector is used to manage the adapter processes. Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information. If you encounter any errors, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (MEDITECH).
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.