VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Skyline | 15 OCT 2020 | Build 16991012
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
The VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Skyline 2.0 is available for users of vRealize Operations Cloud standalone, and for users of vRealize Cloud Universal (for on-premises and cloud versions of vRealize Operations Manager).
VMware Skyline is an automated, proactive support technology that helps customers avoid issues before they occur and reduces the time required to resolve active support requests. Skyline provides proactive findings which display potential risk within the deployed VMware products and solutions. VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Skyline 2.0 is a re-vamped management pack that translates the Skyline findings into vRealize Operations Manager alerts, symptoms, recommendations and maps the alerts to corresponding objects.
The VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Skyline 2.0 introduces the following new features:
- Each of the skyline findings is converted into alerts in vRealize Operations Manager and mapped to its corresponding objects.
- A single pane of glass view of the Skyline findings along with their criticality and affected components.
- The new Skyline Alerts Details dashboard displays the number of alerts mapped to the findings related to specific vCenter adapters. The Skyline Alerts Details dashboard provides a detailed view of all the accumulated findings by the VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Skyline 2.0 related to specific vCenter adapters added to Skyline.
- The existing Skyline Overview dashboard displays alerts mapped to their associated findings, grouped into various severity and category types.
- Support for selecting multiple settings to filter findings when configuring the Skyline adapter
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
- The Management Pack for VMware Skyline does not restrict creating more than one adapter instances with the same CSP refresh token
When the user tries to create more than one Skyline adapter instances with the same CSP refresh token, the vRealize Operations Manager does not restrict this action. As a result, the user can view duplicate alerts but on different adapter instances.
- Skyline findings count displayed on the Skyline Overview Dashboard is the overall count.
In the Skyline Overview Dashboard, the two columns: Severity Wise Count and Category Wise Count show the overall values as the total count as they list all the findings picked up by the Skyline adapter from Skyline. The expected behavior should show the total count of the findings of the vCenter Adapters that are added in the vRealize Operations Manager.