The Management Pack for VMware Skyline consists of a PAK file that contains default dashboards for the objects that the solution identifies.
- Download the PAK file for the VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Skyline from VMware Marketplace.
- Save that PAK file to a temporary folder on your local system.
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager user interface with administrator privileges.
- In the menu, select Administration and in the left pane select .
- On the Repository tab, click Add/Upgrade.
- Browse to locate the temporary folder and select the PAK file.
- (Optional) Make the following choices while upgrading to the latest version:
Note: You can select these checkboxes if you are updating the Management Pack for VMware Skyline.
- Select the checkbox against, Install the PAK file even if it is already installed.
- Select the checkbox against, Reset Default Content, overwriting to a newer version provided by this update. User modifications to DEFAULT Alert Definitions, Symptoms, Recommendations, Policy Definitions, Views, Dashboards, Widgets and Reports will be overwritten. If you are installing a product software update, clone or backup the content before you proceed.
- Click Upload. The upload might take several minutes.
- Read and accept the EULA, and click Next. Installation details appear in the window during the process.
- When the installation is completed, click Finish.
What to do next
Configure an adapter instance for the management pack.