VMware vRealize Operations Tenant App | 17 OCT 2019 | Build 14826907
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
The vRealize Operations Tenant App 2.3 provides metering capabilities that allow the service providers to chargeback their customer base and individual customers to review their billing data.
The vRealize Operations Manager Tenant App 2.3 introduces the following new features:
- Public APIs for policy creation, billing, reports, and metric access.
- A well-documented, easy to use public API with the swagger documentation for external integrations.
- Differentially pricing VMs use disk space from different storage profiles.
- It is common for VMs to use different qualities of storage for different disks. You can meter such usage at each storage profile granularity, and charge different rates for it.
- Restrict the tenant’s view to specific metrics.
- Metric selector shown to tenants can be customized to show only the selected metrics.
- Restrict the tenant’s view to specific screens only.
- The screen access given to the tenant can be customized to show only the billing data or the metric data.
- Billing UI enhancement
- The Billing UI is enhanced to avoid confusions and is organized to help in better understanding of bills.
- Simplified process to generate bills for multiple organizations.
- The UI is enhanced to help customers generate multiple bills in a few clicks.
- Upgraded look and feel of the UI.
- The UI components are upgraded to the latest version of angular giving a smoother look.
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
- Perform new Privilege Check for APIs that are being used by the vCloud Director Plugin
vRealize Operation Manager 7.5 and later versions have a Privilege Check for APIs that are being used by the vCloud Director Plugin. The vCloud Director plugin uses a special user that belongs to the "VCD Tenant Admin" group. Add the privilege "administration.accesscontrol.viewpage" to the "VCD Tenant Admin" group while creating it in the vRealize Operation Manager from Tenant App.
Workaround : The users upgrading from older versions of the Tenant App have to perform certain manual operations from the UI and API.
- Go to Administration -> Access -> Access Control -> Roles
- Select the "VCD Tenant Admin" role.
- Edit Permission
- Select Administration-> Access-> Access Control-> View Access Control Page
- Click Update
POST /api/auth/roles/VCD Tenant Admin/privileges
"privilege-key" : [ "View Access Control Page" ]
Note: No workaround required for users who have newly deployed the Tenant App.
- Access Denied for vCloud Director Operations Manager Plugin, as the new permission is not added for the existing plugin user in vRealize Operations Manager
Due to the new permission 'administration.accesscontrol.viewpage' that is added for the vCloud Director Tenant Admin Role in vRealize Operations Manager, the message 'Access Denied' is displayed in Operations Manager Plugin in vCloud Director.
- Login to the VMware vRealize Operations Tenant App as an admin user.
- Go to Administration -> Access Management -> Access Management.
- Disable the Organizations for which the Plugin has been enabled, and then Enable again.
- Metrics collected for the current date cannot be billed
Tenant App does not bill metrics that are collected on the current date in vRealize Operations. The bills for these metrics are generated after a day.
Workaround : None
- Bills cannot be generated for the same day
You cannot generate bills for the same day, for example, you cannot give the date range as '16/10/2019 - 16/10/2019' as the billing is done from 12 AM to 12 AM.
Workaround: To perform billing for one day, the date range should be '15/10/2019/ - 16/10/2019'
- Virtual Machine deployed under vSAN Datastore does not display the Datastore Hierarchy in Metric Chart
vSAN Datastore deployed Virtual Machines will have Virtual Disk Metric Hierarchy rather than the Datastore Hierarchy.
- Billing in the vRealize Operations Tenant App for vCenter does not work if the Virtual Machines are placed under host/cluster
In vRealize Operations Tenant App for vCenter, the bill value is zero for Virtual Machines if they are not placed under a resource pool.
- Add a resource pool under your cluster and move the Virtual Machines under that resource pool.
- Generate a bill from Tenant App using the resource pool or the cluster.
- Billing fails when vCPUs are specified in the pricing policy for vRealize Operations Tenant App for vCloud Director 2.3
When a Pricing Policy is created using vCPU Count, and Billing is executed using the same policy, Billing fails with an 'Internal Server Error'.
Workaround: A Hot Fix is required to resolve the issue. Please contact VMware support for details of the hotfix.