VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware vRealize Orchestrator | 19 FEB 2021 | Build 17134327
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
Management pack for vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) provides access to the vRealize Orchestrator workflows for remediation of actions and the ability to launch workflows directly from the vRealize Operations user interface.
- vRealize Orchestrator 3.1.1 supports vRealize Operations Cloud.
- The vRealize Orchestrator and the vCenter that it orchestrate will continue to be on-prem even though vRealize Operations is deployed in cloud.
- Discover vCenter workflows and user defined workflows
- Auto remediation associated with alerts of vRealize Operations
- Correlation between vRealize Orchestrator workflows and the recommendations/alerts of vRealize Operations
- Supported actions on Custom Groups
- Support to invoke Custom Workflows on vCenter related Objects
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
The vRealize Orchestrator Management Pack is supported on vRealize Operations Cloud, when the vRealize Orchestrator and vCenter end points are present on premises. However, the vRealize Orchestrator out-of-the-box action Apply Host Security Configuration Rules and the dependent workflows such as Configure Host Security Configuration Data are not supported on vRealize Operations Cloud.
- After upgrading vRealize Operations to 8.0.1 and vRealize Orchestrator Management Pack to 3.1, the custom actions of the vRealize Orchestrator custom library were broken.
When upgrading from vRealize Operations 7.5 to vRealize Operations 8.0 and above, upgrade vRealize Orchestrator from 3.0 to 3.1.1.
- When you view the vRealize Orchestrator Workflows Overview dashboard, the Number of Success and Failed Executions widget shows no data.
When you view the vRealize Orchestrator Workflows Overview dashboard, the Number of Success and Failed Executions widget
shows no data. This is because the collection time is set to 720 minutes by default.
Workaround: Configure the adapter instance Workflow Execution Metric Collection Time such that it falls in the widget time frame. For example, 6 * 60 = 360 Minutes.
- Executing workflow for multiple objects is not supported in the vRealize Orchestrator adapter.
You cannot execute workflows for multiple objects in vRealize Orchestrator adapter as it is not supported.
- In vRealize Operations Manager, the icons for out of the box worflows are not displayed in the upgraded environment.
When you view a list of workflows in vRealize Operations Manager the icons for out of the box worflows are not displayed in the vRealize Operations environment.
- The Execute Workflow Action lists vCenter instances that are not configured in vRealize Orchestrator.
In vRealize Operations Manager lists all the vCenter instances while Execute Workflow Actions on a vCenter instance even though those are not configured in vRealize Orchestrator.
- The vrops_alert_id for custom workflows is not displayed in the UI
The vrops_alert_id for custom workflows is not displayed in the UI. However, the alert id is sent in the backend along with the workflow when the user triggers an action on the alert.
- The vRealize Orchestrator metric collection interval changes are not reflected on the adapter instance movement.
After moving the adapter instance, the Orchestrator.properties should get reflected with the primary node changes but the Orchestrator.properties still reflects the old data.
Workaround: Edit configuration on all the nodes to change the metric collection interval.