After you install and configure the Management Pack for vRealize Orchestrator, you can map custom and user defined workflows (actions) to alerts via recommendations. After you perform this mapping, you can execute the vRealize Orchestrator workflow to remediate issues when vRealize Operations Manager displays alerts. Out of the box workflows are automatically mapped to alerts.
Before you map alerts to workflows, review the out of the box workflows and corresponding recommendations and alerts. See Out of the Box Workflows in the Appendix.
- In the menu, click Alerts and then in the left pane, click Alert Settings > Alert Definitions.
- Select an Alert that you want to modify, and click the Edit icon.
The Alert Definition Workspace dialog box opens.
- Click the Add Recommendations row.
The recommendation already available is displayed.
- Click the Add icon to add a new recommendation.
The New Recommendation dialog box opens.
- Enter the description of what must be done to resolve the triggered alert.
- Select an option from the drop-down list under Adapter Type.
- From the drop down, select the action as a method to resolve a triggered symptom or a generated alert. Actions must already be configured in vRealize Operations Manager.
- Click Save.
- Drag the recommendation that you created to the Recommendations section in the right pane.
- Click Save to save the new alert definition.