You can add a Management Pack for AWS instance to your vRealize Operations Manager implementation.
- Install the Management Pack for AWS.
- Obtain the Access Key and Secret Key values. See Generate Required Access Keys. These values are not the same as your log in credentials for the Amazon Web Services site.
- Determine the services for which you collect metrics. See, Supported AWS Services
- Determine the regions to which you subscribe. Amazon Web Services is divided into 9 regions. The default value * includes all regions in your subscription. If you do not want to subscribe to all regions, you can specify region identifiers in the Regions field.
Table 1. Amazon Web Services Regions Region Friendly Name Region Identifier US East (N. Virginia) us-east-1 US East (Ohio) us-east-2 US West (N. California) us-west-1 US West (Oregon) us-west-2 GovCloud (US) us-gov-west-1 Asia Pacific (Tokyo) ap-northeast-1 Asia Pacific (Seoul) ap-northeast-2 Asia Pacific (Mumbai) ap-south-1 Asia Pacific (Singapore ap-southeast-1 Asia Pacific (Sydney) ap-southeast-2 Asia Pacific (Osaka-Local) ap-northeast-3 Canada (Central) ca-central-1 China (Beijing) cn-north-1 China (Ningxia) cn-northwest-1 EU (Frankfurt) eu-central-1 EU (Ireland) eu-west-1 EU (London) eu-west-2 EU (Paris) eu-west-3 EU (Stockholm) eu-north-1 South America (São Paulo) sa-east-1 AWS GovCloud (US-East) us-gov-east-1 AWS GovCloud (US) us-gov-west-1
- Determine any black list or white list filters. These filters use regular expressions to filter in or out specific objects by name. For example, a white list filter of .*indows.* allows only objects with a name including "indows". A blacklist filter of .*indows.* filters out all objects with that string in their name.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Administration icon and select Solutions.
- Select MP for AWS, and click the Configure icon.
- Configure the instance settings.
Option Action Display name Enter a name for the adapter instance. Description Enter a description. Credential Add the credentials used to access the AWS environment by clicking the plus sign.
- Enter an instance name for the credential values you are creating. This is not the name of the adapter instance, but a friendly name for the Access Key and Secret Key credential.
- Enter your Access Key and Secret Key values.
- Enter any required local proxy information for your network.
- Click the arrow to the left of the Advanced Settings to configure advanced settings.
Option Action Collector Select the collector upon which you want to run the adapter instance. A collector gathers objects into its inventory for monitoring. The collector specified by default has been selected for optimal data collecting. Services Type the services from which to capture metrics. The default value * includes all services. If you do not want to use all services, you can specify the services you use. You type the services as comma-separated values. For example, ec2, asg. The Management Pack for AWS uses only the abbreviated service names, not the full names of the services. Regions Type the regions to which to subscribe. You type the regions as comma-separated values. Use an asterisk (*) to indicate you want to subscribe to all regions. For example,
US East (N. Virginia),US East (Ohio).
Support Auto Discovery Set this option to true for automatic discovery of AWS services. If you set this value to false, when you create a new adapter instance you must perform manual discovery of services. White List Regex Add regular expressions to allow only objects with names that fit the criteria you specify. Black List Regex Add regular expressions to filter out objects by name.
- Click Test Connection to validate the connection.
- Click Save Settings.
What to do next
Make sure that vRealize Operations Manager is collecting data.
|Where to View the Information||Information to View|
|Collection Status and Collection State columns in the MP for AWS Solution Details pane on the Solutions tab.||The strings Collecting or Data receiving appear approximately ten minutes after you have configured the adapter.|
|Environment Overview||The objects related to AWS are added to the inventory trees.|
|Dashboards||Management Pack for AWS dashboards are added to vRealize Operations Manager.|