A management pack is the part of the solution that you install. After you install the management pack, you configure an adapter instance.
- The solution that you downloaded includes a PAK file. Save that PAK file to a temporary folder on your local system.
- Verify that the time and date on the vCenter Manager host machine are set correctly. The time and date must be within 900 seconds of the time and date on the Amazon server, or the Management Pack for AWS does not collect metrics. For instructions on setting your Network Time Protocol see KB article 2012069 Configuring Network Time Protocol (NTP) on ESX/ESXi hosts using thevSphere Client.
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager user interface with admin privileges.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Administration icon and click Solutions.
- On the Solutions tab, click the plus sign.
- Browse to locate the temporary folder and select the PAK file.
For example, managementpack_name-buildnumber.pak.
- If you are upgrading the management pack from a previous version, select the Reset Default Content check box.
If you do not select this check box, you will experience duplicated content such as dashboards and alert definitions when the management pack is installed.
- Click Upload.
The upload might take several minutes.
- Read and accept the EULA, and click Next.
Installation details appear in the window during the process.
- Ensure that you install the PAK file on the primary node.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
What to do next
Validate certificates so that the adapter collects metrics and displays data.
- Select Global Settings. , and select
- Select Enable Standard Certificate Validation, and click the Edit icon.
- Select the Enable Standard Certificate Validation check box, and click OK.