VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for SNMP | 09 OCT 2020 | Build 16816552
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a standard Internet protocol for managing devices on IP networks. The SNMP adapter is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations Manager that collects metrics from devices that support SNMP. These devices typically include routers, switches, servers, workstations, and printers.
The vRealize Operations Management Pack for SNMP 3.1 introduces the following new features:
- Support for advanced protocol authentication and privacy protocol
- Addition of computed metrics with Predefined MIB Statistics (Interface Level) resource group
- Support for selecting multiple MIB files with auto-discovery
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
- Collection interval increases if more devices are added and if the IPs don't match with the credentials.
While configuring the adapter, if you provide Device IP pools that have IPs that don't match with the credentials, then the collection duration increases with the device count.
Workaround: Have the device IP pool across multiple adapter instances. Create multiple adapter instances of the same type but with a smaller set of IP addresses that match with credentials.
- On test connection failure, the adapter collection status does not set to Warning
When the SNMP adapter test connection fails and you save the adapter, the adapter collection status still shows as data receiving. Due to invalid credentials, the adapter instance does not create the device object but the SNMP adapter instance will remain in the data receiving status.