You can load your custom MIB if a device requires MIB files that are not shipped with SNMP Management Pack.
Copy the MIB files and all itsdependent MIB files under conf/mibs. The default installation location of SNMP is $ALIVE_BASE/user/plugins/inbound/snmp_adapter3/conf/mibs folder.
- For a multinode environment, enable SSH to all vRealize Operations Manager nodes.
- Provide executive permission to update the Mibs.sh file and run the MIB file update script to import the MIB files. The MIB update script is available in the $ALIVE_BASE/user/plugins/inbound/snmp_adapter3/conf folder.
- Check the mib-import.log file for any errors. The script generates the mib-import.log file in the conf folder. Errors commonly occur when the dependent MIB files are not present in the conf/mibs folder.
- Open the conf/describe.xml file in a text editor and increase the version number. For example, if the version is '7', then change it to '8'.
- Repeat the procedure from Step 1 through Step 4 in all vRealize Operations Manager nodes.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager as an administrator.
- In the Administration page, click and then, click REDESCRIBE.
The custom MIB files are added to the SNMP Management Pack. You can select the custom MIB from the MIB File drop-down menu while configuring the adapter instance.Note:
Only those MIB files which have levels with numeric data will appear in drop-down menu.