After you install the management pak, add and configure an instance to start collecting data.
- In the menu, click Administration and then in the left pane, click Solutions.
- On the Solutions page, click Management Pack for OpenStack, and click the Configure icon.
- Select the NSX-T Adapter and configure the instance settings.
Option Action Display Name Enter a name for the adapter instance. Description Enter a description for the adapter instance. NSX-T Host Enter the host name or IP address for NSX-T.
- To add the credentials used to access NSX-T, click the Add icon.
Option Description Credential name Enter the name by which you are identifying the configured credentials. Username Enter the user name with which you connect to NSX-T. Password Enter the password with which you connect to NSX-T.
- Click Test Connection to validate the connection.
- The Advanced Settings area includes the Collector drop-down box, in which you can select the collector upon which you want to run the adapter instance. A collector gathers objects into its inventory for monitoring. The collector specified by default has been selected for optimal data collecting.
- Click Save Settings.
The adapter instance is added to the list.
What to do next
Verify that the adapter is configured and collecting data by viewing application-related data.
|Where to View the Information||Information to View|
|Collection Status and Collection State columns in the Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack Solutions Details pane on the Solutions tab.||The strings
|Environment Overview||The objects related to NSX-T are added to the inventory trees.|
|Dashboards||Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboards are added to the vRealize Operations Manager dashboards.
Click the Home icon in the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager to view dashboards.