vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack | 22 APRIL 2021 | Build 17864292
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
The vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack extends the management capabilities of the vRealize Operations platform to provide operational control of VMware Integrated OpenStack environments.
There are no enhancements in the functionality of this Management Pack.
- vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack 6.1 can run in Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 enabled mode for better security.
vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack 6.1 works with vRealize Operations Manager in both FIPS enabled mode and FIPS disabled mode.
The Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack has been tested up to a scale of 3,000 objects with acceptable results. It is expected that the theoretical object scale limit of this management pack will match that of the vRealize Operations platform. We recommend that close observation of system health be taken when deploying in environments that significantly exceed these test limits.
For a large-scale environment containing 10,000 objects (5000 of them active and the other 5000 inactive), the collection time will be approximately 18 minutes. If you disable the ceilometer service in VMware Integrated OpenStack 6.1, the collection time will improve.
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
- Ensure that the VMware Integrated OpenStack environment and the vRealize Operations Manager are all in the same time zone and use the same NTP servers.
- Disable Ceilometer as monitoring is done through Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack. If the ceilometer is enabled, then ensure that you configure the Ceilometer to sample data every 5 minutes.
- Do not configure Management Pack for NSX for Multi-Hypervisor even though it has been installed along with VMware Integrated OpenStack Management Pack 6.1.
- Alerts related to Openstack do not load in the vRealize Operations Manager UI
The alerts related to Openstack do not load in the vRealize Operations Manager UI.
This issue is resolved.
- Data is not collected for the discontinued Object Types
The data is not collected for the Object Types: Openstack Compute Services, Openstack Network Services, Openstack Storage Services, and Openstack Management Services.