After you install the management pack, add and configure an instance to start collecting data.
- In the menu, click Administration and then in the left pane, click Solutions.
- On the Solutions page, click Management Pack for OpenStack, and click the Configure icon.
- Select the OpenStack Adapter and configure the instance settings.
Option Action Display Name Enter a name for the adapter instance. Description Enter a description for the adapter instance. OpenStack API Host Enter the host name or IP address where the KeyStone service is running. This service provides an entry point to the OpenStack API. VIO Manager Host Enter the VIO Manager host name or IP address where the service is running. Port Enter the port number where the KeyStone service is running. The default port number is 5000. Connection Type Select the connection type with which the management pack should communicate with OpenStack. The option set by default is HTTPS. Endpoint Type Endpoints are the APIs used to call the different OpenStack services. Select the set of endpoints which vRealize Operations Manager uses when connecting with the OpenStack API.
- Detect Automatically. This option is selected by default, and can be used if you do not know where vRealize Operations Manager is installed.
- Public Only. Select if vRealize Operations Manager is installed outside the management network.
- Admin Only. Select if vRealize Operations Manager is installed inside the management network.
- Internal Only. Select if you want to use the Internal service endpoints that are registered with OpenStack
Support Auto Discovery Auto discovery enables the management pack to discover resources and monitor the OpenStack deployment. This option is set to True by default, and should not be changed.
- To add the credentials used to access OpenStack and optionally vCenter Server, click the Add icon.
Option Description Credential name Enter the name by which you are identifying the configured credentials. OpenStack Username Enter the username with which you connect to OpenStack. OpenStack Password Enter the password with which you connect to OpenStack. Admin Project Enter the name of a project for which you have an admin role. For the most complete discovery possible, you should have the admin role on all projects. Domain Name Enter the domain name of a project to receive data from that particular domain. VIO Manager Username Enter the username with which you connect to the VIO Manager Host. VIO Manager Password Enter the password with which you connect to the VIO Manager Host.
- Click Test Connection to validate the connection.
- The Advanced Settings area includes the Collector drop-down box, in which you can select the collector upon which you want to run the adapter instance. A collector gathers objects into its inventory for monitoring. The collector specified by default has been selected for optimal data collecting.
- Click Save Settings.
The adapter instance is added to the list.
What to do next
Verify that the adapter is configured and collecting data by viewing application-related data.
|Where to View the Information||Information to View|
|Collection Status and Collection State columns in the Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack Solutions Details pane on the Solutions tab.||The strings
|Environment Overview||The objects related to OpenStack are added to the inventory trees.|
|Dashboards||Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack dashboards are added to the vRealize Operations Manager dashboards.
Click the Home icon in the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager to view dashboards.