After you install a management pack, add and configure an instance to start collecting data.
- In the menu, click Administration and then in the left pane, click Solutions.
- On the Solutions page, click Management Pack for Storage Devices, and click the Configure icon.
- Select the Fabric Server Adapter and configure the instance settings.
Option Action Display Name Enter a name for the adapter instance. Description Enter a description for the adapter instance. Fabric Server Enter the fabric CIM server IP or URL of the host on which the CIM server is installed. The vRealize Operations Management Pack for Storage Devices supports CIM servers that manage Fibre Channel switches only. It does not support CIM servers that manage arrays.
- To add the credentials used to access the Fabric Server, click the Add icon.
Option Description Credential Name Enter the name by which you are identifying the configured credentials. Username Enter the username for the Brocade or Cisco Fabric Switch CIM server. Password Enter the password for the Brocade or Cisco Fabric Switch CIM server.Note: For the Cisco Fabric CIM server, the user name and password are for the Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and not the Cisco switch.
- Accept all the security certificates from the Fabric Switch CIM Server and then click OK.
- Click Test Connection to validate the connection.
- The Advanced Settings area includes the Collector drop-down box, in which you can select the collector upon which you want to run the adapter instance. A collector gathers objects into its inventory for monitoring. The collector specified by default has been selected for optimal data collecting.
- Click Save Settings.
The adapter is added to the Adapter Instance list and is active.
What to do next
- Inventory Explorer. Verify that all the objects related to the Fabric Server Instance are listed. Objects should be in the collecting state and receiving data.
If your environment includes multiple vCenter Server systems on the same storage network, you must create as many Fabric CIM Servers as the network configuration requires.