VMware SDDC Health Monitoring Solution Release Notes | 29 APR 2021 | Build 17038498
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
The VMware SDDC Health Monitoring Solution 8.4 monitors the health of VMware SDDC components in the SDDC stack. Version 8.4 of the SDDC Health Solution monitors the following components:
- VMware vCenter Server
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager
- VMware vRealize Automation
- VMware NSX for vSphere
- VMware vSAN
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud
- VMware vRealize Log Insight
- VMware Site Recovery Management
- VMware Orchestrator Management
- VMware NSX-T
- VMware Identity Manager
- VMware SDDC Manager
The SDDC Health Monitoring Solution version 8.4 includes the following new dashboards for VMware Cloud Foundation and Software Defined Data Center.
- VCF Capacity
- VCF Inventory
- VCF Rightsizing
- VCF vCenters Performance
- VCF SDDC Manager Appliance Deep Dive
- VCF Management Network Performance
- VCF Management Host Performance
- VCF Management VMs Performance
- VCF Workload Host Performance
- VCF Workload VMs Performance
- VCF Workload Storage Performance
- VCF Workload Network Performance
- SDDC - Environment Growth
- SDDC - VM Optimizer
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
- SDDC Health Adapter Instance is not created automatically for Cloud Proxies and Remote collector
When you install SDDC MP on vRealize Operations cloud environment, adapter instances are not created automatically on cloud proxy.
- Go to Administration > Other accounts > Add Accounts
- Select SDDC Health Adapter Instance > Set the name with the SDDC Health Adapter Instance 3/4/5….n ( please continue the numbering from the previously created instance )
- Select the cloud proxy in which the SDDC Health Adapter Instance is not yet created.
- Now validate the connection and save the instance.
- Repeat the steps for the number of cloud proxies that are left out without SDDC Adapter Instances.
- The SDDC Health MP 8.4 does not rollup health using the super metrics in vRealize Operations Manager 8.3.
The SDDC Health Management Pack 8.4 does not rollup health using the super metrics (children badge health and number of children) in vRealize Operations Manager 8.3. Health does not roll up to the parent and no alert is raised even if the children are unhealthy.
Steps to reproduce:
- Deploy vRops 8.3(Fips/Non Fips)
- Install/Upgrade to SDDC MP 8.4.
- Enable SDDC Health Policy