Before you monitor the health for avCenter Server instance, you have to configure the vCenter Server in your SDDC health solution.
Note: The following procedure is applicable only for users on VMware vCenter ® Server 6.0 U1/U2/U3.
- Verify that the vCenter Server adapter is configured and is running.
- Ensure that the user is configured with privileges required to discover vCenter Services. See, Permissions Required to Discover vCenter Services.
- Under Inventory Explorer, search for a vCenter object and click the edit icon.
- Edit the required text boxes or click the plus icon to add new credentials.
- In Manage Credential, enter the OS credentials.
For a Windows vCenter, enter the OS user name. For example, administrator. For a VCSA, enter the local OS user name. For example, root or any user with a shell access.
- Click OK.