Use the Virtual Services Health Overview dashboard to get an overview of the health of the virtual services across all of your NSX Advanced Load Balancer instances.
How To Use the Dashboard
- Select an NSX Advanced Load Balancer instance from the NSX Advanced LB Instances widget.
- You see a list of corresponding virtual services for the selected NSX Advanced Load Balancer instance in the Virtual Services widget. Select a virtual service from the list. The Virtual Services widget also provides details of all the virtual services in the selected instance. It can be used to quickly check the status and view high level information and important metrics of the virtual service.
- Use the Health Score Details widget to understand details on specific aspects, such as performance, resource penalty, anomaly penalty, and security penalty that are the factors that determine the health score of a virtual service. This provides you with a starting point to troubleshoot the virtual service and eventually the application itself.
- Use the Virtual Service End to End timing widget to view the time taken for the application to respond at the server level, application level, and data transfer level. You can also view the average total time taken for the application to respond to client requests.
- Use the Health Score Distribution Chart widget to view the distribution of virtual services based on their current health score. For example, you might want to prioritise troubleshooting virtual services with the lowest health score.
- Use the DNS Type Virtual Service Details widget to view the DNS type virtual services and the related DNS queries, DNS query type, the DNS percentage errors, and other details.
- Use the Virtual Service Metrics widget to view the selected virtual service and related metrics.