VMware vRealize Operations Tenant App | 11 JAN 2022 | Build 19102993
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
The vRealize Operations Tenant App 2.4.1 provides metering capabilities that allow the service providers to chargeback their customer base and individual customers to review their billing data.
The vRealize Operations Tenant App 2.4.1 introduces the following new features:
- One time fixed costs for setup fee and incidental charges
- 95th percentile billing for network bandwidth
- Sizing-profile based billing
- Tag-based rate factors to apply selective discounts or premiums to virtual machines
- Tag-based pricing policies to create exception charging policies for selected virtual machines
- Slab-based pricing to charge different rates based on resources consumed by virtual machines and edges
- The Management Pack for vCloud Director links edge device to an NSX-V edge device in vRealize Operations Manager enabling the advanced network metric metering
- Bill scheduling
- Enhanced control on tenant views for provider
- Improved user interface
- Introduction of Telemetry to improve the product by collecting anonymous usage details (Optional)
- Apache log4j is updated to version 2.16, to resolve CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
For the Tenant App 2.4.1, only offline upgrade via ISO/OVA is available.
- Perform new Privilege Check for APIs that are being used by the vCloud Director Plugin
vRealize Operation Manager 7.5 and later versions have a Privilege Check for APIs that are being used by the vCloud Director Plugin. The vCloud Director plugin uses a special user that belongs to the "VCD Tenant Admin" group. Add the privilege "administration.accesscontrol.viewpage" to the "VCD Tenant Admin" group while creating it in the vRealize Operation Manager from Tenant App.
Workaround : The users upgrading from older versions of the Tenant App have to perform certain manual operations from the UI and API.
- Go to Administration -> Access -> Access Control -> Roles
- Select the "VCD Tenant Admin" role.
- Edit Permission
- Select Administration-> Access-> Access Control-> View Access Control Page
- Click Update
POST /api/auth/roles/VCD Tenant Admin/privileges
"privilege-key" : [ "View Access Control Page" ]
Note: No workaround required for users who have newly deployed the Tenant App.
- Access Denied for vCloud Director Operations Manager Plugin, as the new permission is not added for the existing plugin user in vRealize Operations Manager
Due to the new permission 'administration.accesscontrol.viewpage' that is added for the vCloud Director Tenant Admin Role in vRealize Operations Manager, the message 'Access Denied' is displayed in Operations Manager Plugin in vCloud Director.
- Login to the VMware vRealize Operations Tenant App as an admin user.
- Go to Administration -> Access Management -> Access Management.
- Disable the Organizations for which the Plugin has been enabled, and then Enable again.
- Metrics collected for the current date cannot be billed
Tenant App does not bill metrics that are collected on the current date in vRealize Operations. The bills for these metrics are generated after a day.
Workaround : None
- Bills cannot be generated for the same day
You cannot generate bills for the same day, for example, you cannot give the date range as '16/10/2019 - 16/10/2019' as the billing is done from 12 AM to 12 AM.
Workaround: To perform billing for one day, the date range should be '15/10/2019/ - 16/10/2019'
- Virtual Machine deployed under vSAN Datastore does not display the Datastore Hierarchy in Metric Chart
vSAN Datastore deployed Virtual Machines will have Virtual Disk Metric Hierarchy rather than the Datastore Hierarchy.
- Billing in the vRealize Operations Tenant App for vCenter does not work if the Virtual Machines are placed under host/cluster
In vRealize Operations Tenant App for vCenter, the bill value is zero for Virtual Machines if they are not placed under a resource pool.
- Add a resource pool under your cluster and move the Virtual Machines under that resource pool.
- Generate a bill from Tenant App using the resource pool or the cluster.
- Billing fails when vCPUs are specified in the pricing policy for vRealize Operations Tenant App for vCloud Director 2.3
When a Pricing Policy is created using vCPU Count, and Billing is executed using the same policy, Billing fails with an 'Internal Server Error'.
Workaround: A Hot Fix is required to resolve the issue. Please contact VMware support for details of the hotfix.
- Upgrade of Tenant App fails in VAMI with an error 'Failed to install updates(Error while running installation tests) on <Day>, <Year> <Month> <Date> <Time>'
When you try to upgrade the Tenant App from an older version, it fails with an error 'Failed to install updates (Error while running installation tests)'.
You can check if the /opt/vmware/var/log/vami/updatecli.log file contains the error 'Installing package tenant-app-2.0.0-15579401.noarch needs X MB on the / filesystem and X free MB is available in the system'.
Workaround: Run the 'docker image prune -a' to clear the space in Tenant App without affecting the functionality.