After you install the Management Pack for VMware Skyline, configure an instance for Skyline from which you are collecting data.
- The vCenter Adapters that you want to monitor must be configured to the Skyline Collector. For more information, see VMware Skyline Collector Installation and Configuration Guide.
- Configure the same vCenter Adapters in vRealize Operations Manager before configuring the Management Pack for VMware Skyline.
- In the vRealize Operations Manager page, click the Administration, in the left pane click Solutions , then click Other Accounts.
- Click ADD ACCOUNT.
- Select Skyline Adapter account type.
- Configure the instance settings.
Field Name Action Display Name Enter a name for the Skyline Service. Description (Optional) Enter a description for the instance. Credential Select the credential you want to use to sign on to the environment from the drop-down menu. To add new credentials to access the Skyline environment, click the plus sign.
Provide the HTTP proxy details in the following text boxes if you want to set up the Skyline adapter instance on vRealize Operations Manager with no Internet access.
Credential Name. The name by which you are identifying the configured credentials.
CSP Refresh token. Provide a CSP Refresh token. For details on generating a refresh token, see Generating CSP Refresh TokenNote: Ensure that you do not create more than one adapter instances with the same CSP refresh token for the same organization.
Note: If you have a private Internet connectivity in the vRealize Operations Manager environment, it is advised to deploy the 1.1 or a later version of Management Pack for VMware Skyline to collect metrics from VMware Skyline.
- Proxy Host Name
- Proxy Port
- Proxy User name
- Proxy Password
Collector/Group Determine which collector or collector group is used to manage the Skyline-related adapter instance on vRealize Operations Manager. If you have only one cloud account, select Default collector group. Validate Connection Click VALIDATE CONNECTION to initiate the authentication request to the CSP authentication service.Note: By default, port 443 is used for connectivity from vRealize Operations Manager to
Advanced Settings You can filter the findings based on the severities and finding categories.
Click the Skyline Findings Severity drop-down menu and select Critical, Moderate, or Trivial.
Click the Skyline Finding Categories drop-down menu and select Compute, Network, Security, or Storage.Note: You select one or multiple settings to filter findings when configuring the Skyline adapter.
- Click ADD.
- Verify that the adapter is configured and collecting data.
Table 1. Successful Configuration Indicators Where to View the Information Information to View Skyline data is available in the Skyline Overview Dashboard and the Skyline Alerts Details Dashboard. Skyline findings, alerts and other data can be viewed in the dashboards. For more information, see Dashboards in VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Skyline Skyline alerts are made available in the vRealize Operations Manager under the Alerts tab.
Navigate to Triggered Alerts and filter the skyline alerts using the Active and Skyline alert filters.
Skyline alerts and findings are available with recommendations and symptoms. For example:
Note: The default collection interval for the Skyline adapter instance is 30 minutes.
- Alert: Skyline - (vSphere-ClusterWideStorageRescan-KB#1039088) - Cluster-wide storage rescan from vCenter Server causes ESXi/ESX hosts and virtual machines to become unresponsive.
- Recommendations: This issue is resolved in VMware ESXi 5.5 Patch 1.
- Symptoms: Risk if no action taken: Infrastructure Stability