For added security, we recommend adding an SSL certificate to the vROps truststore for your HPE 3PAR StoreServ host server.
To add the SSL certificate to your vROps truststore:
- Obtain the SSL certificate for your HPE 3PAR StoreServ host server from your Internet browser. Export the certificate as an X.509 Certificate (PEM).
- Copy the certificate to your vROps machine.
Use ‘ssh’ to log in to the vROps machine as the root user, then run the following command:
$VCOPS_BASE/jre/bin/keytool -import -alias <product_alias> -file /tmp/<certfile> -keystore “$VCOPS_DATA_VCOPS/user/conf/ssl/tcserver.truststore” -storepass <truststore_password> -trustcacerts
%VCOPS_BASE%\jre\bin\keytool -import -alias <product_alias> C:\path\to\certfile -keystore “%VCOPS_DATA_VCOPS%\user\conf\ssl\tcserver.truststore” -storepass <truststore_password> -trustcacertsImportant: The <truststore_password> is generated by vROps and is located in/storage/vcops/user/conf/ssl/storePass.properties. Copy the password from thessltruststorePassword= field and paste it in the <truststore_password> placeholder.
- -alias is a unique name for each key that you add (per host)
- certfile is the location where the cert file was saved
- Run the reboot command to re-start the vROps machine for the changes to take effect.