Once you have finished Installing the Management Pack (Nimble) and Configuring the Management Pack (Nimble), check the Collection State and Collection Status for the adapter instance on the Solutions page. If they show as Not Collecting or No Data Receiving , respectively, the following troubleshooting topics can help you diagnose and correct common problems with your adapter instance.
- Test Connection Errors
- Adapter and Collector Log Files
Test Connection Errors
When Creating an Adapter Instance (Nimble), click Test Connection after entering all of your configuration settings to ensure vROps can connect to the specified host.
The following error is possible:
Missing Connection Information
Ensure the following information was entered correctly:
- HPE Nimble Storage Host name or IP address, written in Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) format
- Nimble User Name and Password
Adapter and Collector Log Files
You can review adapter errors in the adapter and collector log files, which can be viewed in the vROps UI or in an external log viewer.
- Adapter log files are located in the$VCOPS_BASE/user/log/adapters/nimblestorage_adapter3/ folder.
- Collector log files are located in the $VCOPS_BASE/user/log/ folder.
To set the base log level for the collector in vROps:
- Navigate to Administration > Logs.
- Expand the MASTER folder, then select the COLLECTOR folder.
- Click the Edit Properties icon.
- In the Root logger level drop-down menu, select the desired option.
- The default logging level is warning.
- To troubleshoot issues, set the logging level to info.
To view detailed messages, including micro steps, queries, and returned results, set the logging level to debug.
For more information about viewing log files and modifying levels, refer to the vROps online help.