How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for IBM SVC and Storwize connects to the IBM Spectrum Virtualize for SAN Volume Controller and Storwize® Family CLI to import SVC or Storewize resources, relationships, metrics, and alerts into vRealize Operations, enabling comprehensive monitoring and troubleshooting, while providing visibility into the virtual layer within vROps.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring your IBM SVC or Storwize from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review the System Requirements (SVC & Storwize) and ensure you have performed the necessary prerequisite tasks:
- Set up a Least Privileged User. See: Assigning User Privileges (SVC & Storwize).
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (SVC & Storwize).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (SVC & Storwize). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (SVC & Storwize).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (SVC & Storwize).