Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select Pure Storage FlashArray from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Important: Click the Add icon above the Instance Name list on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack.
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple instances of the Management Pack.
- Basic Settings:
- Host:Enter the hostname of your Pure Storage FlashArray. Supported formats include: domain name, Fully-Qualified Domain Name (FQDN), and IPv4 address.
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (Pure Storage), or click the Add icon now to create one.
- Advanced Settings:
- Collector(s)/Groups: Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
Port: Specify the port at which to make REST API requests. The default port is 443.
SSL Config: Options are No Verify (default value; SSL enabled/certificate not verified), and Verify (SSL enabled/certificate verified). When you click Test Connection in step 5 below, you should be prompted to add an SSL certificate to the vROps truststore.Important: If you encounter any issues, you can complete the process manually by following the instructions in Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (Pure Storage).
- Support Autodiscovery: When you enable autodiscovery (set to True ; default setting), the Management Pack creates resources and relationships in vROps, then collects data for the discovered resources after the main collection query runs. Do not change this to false.
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information. If you encounter any errors, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Pure Storage).
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (Pure Storage)