vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack | 29 NOV 2021 | Build 18940298
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
The vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack extends the management capabilities of the vRealize Operations platform to provide operational control of VMware Integrated OpenStack environments.
The configuration page for OpenStack Management Pack has been updated to allow configuring an adapter instance with respect to each domain of OpenStack end point.
The Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack has been tested up to a scale of 3,000 objects with acceptable results. It is expected that the theoretical object scale limit of this management pack will match that of the vRealize Operations platform. We recommend that close observation of system health be taken when deploying in environments that significantly exceed these test limits.
For a large-scale environment containing 10,000 objects (5000 of them active and the other 5000 inactive), the collection time will be approximately 18 minutes. If you disable the ceilometer service in VMware Integrated OpenStack 6.2, the collection time will improve.
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
- Ensure that the VMware Integrated OpenStack environment and the vRealize Operations Manager are all in the same time zone and use the same NTP servers.
- Disable Ceilometer as monitoring is done through Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack. If the ceilometer is enabled, then ensure that you configure the Ceilometer to sample data every 5 minutes.
- Do not configure Management Pack for NSX for Multi-Hypervisor even though it has been installed along with VMware Integrated OpenStack Management Pack 6.2.
The Management Pack for VMware Integrated OpenStack will not discover projects if the user configured for the adapter instance has not been assigned to the projects
In the OpenStack Services Dashboard, the Widget Controller Service Metrics fails to load data for few objects.
Collection issue due to change in Token Based Authentication System, has been fixed by allowing configuration of a separate adapter instance for each domain.
- Alerts related to Openstack do not load in the vRealize Operations Manager UI
The alerts related to Openstack do not load in the vRealize Operations Manager UI.
- In the Administrator page, click Support > Redescribe.
- Select the Openstack Adapter and then, click REDESCRIBE.
- Data is not collected for the discontinued Object Types
The data is not collected for the Object Types: Openstack Compute Services, Openstack Network Services, Openstack Storage Services, and Openstack Management Services.