Display of VMware Cloud Director components in VMware Chargeback vCenter mode
In VMware Chargeback vCenter mode, while creating a pricing policy, VCD components such as CSE cluster Fixed price, CSE CPU, CSE Storage, and CSE Memory are displayed in the review section of the Pricing Policy.
Workaround: Ignore the VCD components as it does not affect the Pricing Policy or Billing.
In VMware Chargeback, price-related changes are not displayed in the VMware Cloud Director Tenant UI for the first time
In VCD Tenant UI, the total price inand other price components are not available for the first time.
- Log in to VMware Chargeback as a Service Provider.
- Navigate to Manage Metrics tab. , and click on the
- Disable and again enable the Price Settings checkbox.
- Click Save.
VMware Chargeback Plugin Upload to vCloud Director Instance Fails with Upstream Error in the Network Tab
The VMware Chargeback plugin upload fails if the port 80 is not open on the vCloud Director instance.
Workaround: Open the Port 80 only during plugin registration or upload the plugin through a customized portal from the path '/opt/vmware/plugin/plugin.zip' and restart the plugin.
Unable to Access VMware Chargeback Plugin from vCloud Director and the Network Tab Displays CORS Error
Unable to access VMware Chargeback plugin from vCloud Director operations manager and the Network tab displays Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) error 'making/api/sources'.
- SSH to the VMware Chargeback instance.
- Execute the command docker exec -it vmware-chargeback-ui bash.
- Edit the nginx.conf file: vi /etc/nginx/nginx.conf.
- In the nginx.conf file, search for the section 'location /suite-api/' and append the following attributes with #
- #proxy_hide_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin
- #proxy_hide_header Access-Control-Allow-Credentials
- Reload the nginx server with the command /usr/sbin/nginx -s reload.
Tenant Reports Option Missing on the Manage Pages Tab
After upgrading VMware Chargeback from 2.5 to 8.6, the Tenant Reports option is missing on the Manage Pages tab.
Workaround: Refer to the KB article 88080.
Access Denied for vCloud Director Operations Manager Plugin, as the new permission is not added for the existing plugin user in vRealize Operations Manager
Due to the new permission 'administration.accesscontrol.viewpage' that is added for the vCloud DirectorTenant Admin Role in vRealize Operations Manager, the message 'Access Denied' is displayed in Operations Manager Plugin in vCloud Director.
- Login to VMware Chargeback as an admin user.
- Go to Administration -> Access Management -> Access Management.
- Disable the Organizations for which the Plugin has been enabled, and then Enable again.
Metrics collected for the current date cannot be billed
VMware Chargeback does not bill metrics that are collected on the current date in vRealize Operations. The bills for these metrics are generated after a day.
Bills cannot be generated for the same day
You cannot generate bills for the same day, for example, you cannot give the date range as '16/10/2019 - 16/10/2019' as the billing is done from 12 AM to 12 AM.
Workaround: To perform billing for one day, the date range should be '15/10/2019/ - 16/10/2019'
Virtual Machine deployed under vSAN Datastore does not display the Datastore Hierarchy in Metric Chart in Dashboards
vSAN Datastore deployed Virtual Machines will have Virtual Disk Metric Hierarchy rather than the Datastore Hierarchy.
Billing in VMware Chargeback for vCenter does not work if the Virtual Machines are placed under host/cluster
In VMware Chargeback for vCenter, the bill value is zero for Virtual Machines if they are not placed under a resource pool.
- Add a resource pool under your cluster and move the Virtual Machines under that resource pool.
- Generate a bill from VMware Chargeback using the resource pool or the cluster.
Upgrade of VMware Chargeback fails in VAMI with an error 'Failed to install updates(Error while running installation tests) on <Day>, <Year> <Month> <Date> <Time>'
When you try to upgrade VMware Chargeback from an older version, it fails with an error 'Failed to install updates (Error while running installation tests)'.You can check if the /opt/vmware/var/log/vami/updatecli.log file contains the error 'Installing package vmware-chargeback-2.0.0-15579401.noarch needs X MB on the / filesystem and X free MB is available in the system'.
Workaround: Run the 'docker image prune -a' to clear the space in VMware Chargeback without affecting the functionality.
Customer security scanning report displays the 'TenantApp exposing Internal IP Address' message
While performing security scanning on VMware Chargeback in the customer environment, the scanning report displays a message that the VMware Chargeback could expose the internal IP address. This is due to the Ngnix configuration.
- SH into VMware Chargeback using root credentials.
- Run "docker ps" and note the "CONTAINER ID" of vmware-chargeback-ui docker from the list of dockers that is displayed.
- Go to vmware-chargeback-ui using "docker exec -it bash" and e dit the nginx.conf file in "/etc/nginx/nginx.conf" location.
- Search for 'server_name _;' and replace '_' with the vmware-chargeback-ip or vmware-chargeback-hostname.
- Searh for 'add_header X-Upstream $upstream_addr always;' and include a comment by adding an '#' in front of it, '#add_header X-Upstream $upstream_addr always;'.
- Save the nginx.conf file.
- Run the following command to stop the nginx server:
/usr/sbin/nginx -s stop
- Run the following command to restart the nginx server:
/usr/sbin/nginx -s reloadIf the above step results in the error 'nginx: [error] open() "/var/run/nginx.pid" failed (2: No such file or directory)', then execute the following commands:
- /usr/sbin/nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf
- docker restart <containerid>
- Restart the VMware Chargeback instance.
Operation Manager menu is not available in VMware Cloud Director 10.3 (Tenant Login)
Customers with VMware Chargeback 2.6.1 and vCD 10.3 cannot access the VMware Chargeback UI with the vCD tenant login even when the vCD plugin registration is successful in the VMware Chargeback admin login.
- SSH to VMware Chargeback VA with root access.
- Navigate to the location: “/opt/vmware/plugin”.
- Download the “plugin.zip” to your location machine from the above location.
- Login to vCD (https://<VCD FQDN>/provider) with root access.
- Navigate to More -> Customize Portal -> Manage Plugins -> Plugins.
- Remove existing 'Operations Plugin' (VMware Chargeback for VMware Cloud Director extension), if any.
- Click Upload, and then click SELECT PLUGIN FILE in the popup wizard.
- Select the plugin.zip that you downloaded and click NEXT.
- Select the 'Scope' and 'Publish to' in the Select Scope & Publishing tab.
- Click NEXT.
- Review and click FINISH.
- Logout from vCD (Provider login).
- Log in to vCD as a tenant.
- Verify the Operation Manager under the More drop-down menu.
- Access VMware Chargeback by clicking the “Operation Manager”.
Incorrect information is displayed in the vCenter mode for Metering configuration
When assigning a policy to a resource in the Metering configuration section in the vCenter mode, it displays "OVDC assignment" instead of "VC resource".