VMware SDDC Health Monitoring Solution Release Notes | 27 JAN 2022 | Build 19172632
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
The VMware SDDC Health Monitoring Solution 8.6.1 monitors the health of VMware SDDC components in the SDDC stack. Version 8.6.1 of the SDDC Health Solution monitors the following components:
- VMware vCenter Server
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager
- VMware vRealize Automation
- VMware NSX for vSphere
- VMware vSAN
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud
- VMware vRealize Log Insight
- VMware Site Recovery Management
- VMware Orchestrator Management
- VMware NSX-T
- VMware Identity Manager
- Support for the global setting, Threshold for cert expiration alert on vROps 8.6.1
- Support for ESXi Host and vCenter Root certificates
- Apache log4j is updated to version 2.16, to resolve CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
- SDDC Health instance is not created on newly added vRealize Operations Node
When you install the SDDC Health Management Pack and try adding a data node to the vRealize Operations cluster, the SDDC Health adapter instance is not created.
Workaround: Create an SDDC Health adapter instance manually from the UI after adding the data node.
- VMware Site Recovery Management instances are not shown in the instance healthy widget in SDDC Management Health Overview dashboard
The VMware Site Recovery Management instances are not displayed in the “Are Instances Healthy?” widget.
- SDDC Management Health dashboard overrides the generic notification alert defined out-of-the box (OOTB) in VMware vRealize Operations Manager
If the policy is not applied for all SDDC Management health objects, then vRealize Operations generates duplicate notification alerts. These alerts are generated from out-of-the-box (OOTB) and SDDC Health MP. In general, these policies are not assigned to the SDDC health group by default. SDDC Health MP creates a custom policy SDDC health Policy, which disables OOTB alerts and a custom group SDDC Health Group.
- Edit SDDC Health Group from Custom Group and assign SDDC health policy from the Policy drop-down menu.
- Select the Keep group membership up to date check box.
- Click Save.
- When configuring vCenter Host OS credentials in the Inventory Explorer, a notification alert is triggered on the vCenter deployment object
Earlier, the SDDC health solution did not use credentials separately for collecting appliance services. Whereas with SDDC 6.0, data related to an appliance is not collected when creating a vCenter adapter instance.
Workaround: To generate data related to appliance service:
- Click the Administration, click Configuration and select Inventory Explorer.
- Select the SDDC Health Adapter Instance with a vCenter server object type with the name as FQDN/IP given during vCenter adapter instance creation.
- Edit the object and provide the details of a local OS credential where shell is enabled.
- The number of children for all vRealize Automation Application nodes are not the same.
Health configurations node does not list all vRealize Automation Application nodes. The nodes are present in only one of vRealize Automation Application nodes. This issue is seen only in vRealize Automation 7.4 HA environment.
- Object topology does not list all the discovered objects
The object topology does not list all the discovered objects when navigating to vRealize Automation health from SDDC management health. This issue is seen only when you use vRealize Automation 7.3.
- Duplicate content such as dashboards, alert, and symptom definitions are created
If you do not select Reset Default Content check box, the health status of the child node is not rolled up to the parent node and content such as dashboards, alerts, and symptom definitions are duplicated.
- "Cluster Node load (%)" and "Cluster Object load (%)" metrics not available for extra small multi-node setup
SDDC Sizing dashboard does not display the "Cluster Node load (%)" and "Cluster Object load (%)" fields for vROps cluster that is made of more than one extra small node. This is because the sizing guidelines for vROps cluster made up of more than one extra small node does not publish Object and Metric processing capability.
Workaround: Ensure that the XS vROps cluster does not have more than one node
- No data displayed for NTP Server and Backup Job Services in “Are Services Healthy?” widget
For NTP Server and Backup Job Services, no data is displayed in the “Are Services Healthy?” widget under “SDDC Management Health Overview” dashboard.
- vCenter is monitored by more than one SDDC adapter instance
When a vCenter instance shifts from one vROps node to another, SDDC creates a new instance to monitor this vCenter but the existing one remains in 'Collecting Status' and changes to 'Data Not Receiving'
- SDDC Health Monitoring Solution displays the details of the vCloud Director Inventory
The SDDC Health Monitoring Solution displays the details of the vCloud Directory Inventory under its inventory. But the SDDC Health Monitoring Solution does not collect data for the vCD Management Pack.
- Duplicate adapter instance is created when the host name/IP address is saved with an extra space
If an adapter instance is created with an extra space in the host name/IP address, SDDC duplicates that adapter instance. Also, the configured adapter instance’s hierarchy will not be displayed under SDDC Health.
Delete the original and duplicate adapter instance and reconfigure without adding space in host name/IP address.