VMware vRealize Operations Tenant App | 19 OCT 2021 | Build 19457293
What's in the Release Notes
The release notes cover the following topics:
The vRealize Operations Tenant App 8.6 provides metering capabilities that allow the service providers to charge back their customer base and individual customers to review their billing data.
- Support for VMware Cloud Director 10.3.1
- Support for the custom port for plugin registration
- Support billing for Kubernetes Clusters
- Support billing for CSE Kubernetes Cluster
- Support Network Service Pricing for NSXT
- Support negative value for One time fixed cost
- Support for Edge Gateway Metadata
- Support for NSXT solution
For compatibility between products, please refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.
- Storage Rate Discount cannot be applied as there is no option to add a discount in the pricing policy for storage
This issue has been resolved.
- The home page of the Tenant App is failing to load
The issue of bills not loading in the UI and filtering issues have been fixed.
- High CPU usage when querying the bills page in the Tenant App
The memory configuration has been optimized and garbage collection is changed to improve the performance of high load queries.
- Plugin service is in the Restart state instead of Running state and is unable to start the plugin service
This issue has been resolved.
- Tenant Reports Option Missing on the Manage Pages Tab
After upgrading Tenant App from 2.5 to 8.6, the Tenant Reports option is missing on the Manage Pages tab.
Workaround: Refer to the KB article 88080.
- Access Denied for vCloud Director Operations Manager Plugin, as the new permission is not added for the existing plugin user in vRealize Operations Manager
Due to the new permission 'administration.accesscontrol.viewpage' that is added for the vCloud Director Tenant Admin Role in vRealize Operations Manager, the message 'Access Denied' is displayed in Operations Manager Plugin in vCloud Director.
- Login to the VMware vRealize Operations Tenant App as an admin user.
- Go to Administration -> Access Management -> Access Management.
- Disable the Organizations for which the Plugin has been enabled, and then Enable again.
- Metrics collected for the current date cannot be billed
Tenant App does not bill metrics that are collected on the current date in vRealize Operations. The bills for these metrics are generated after a day.
Workaround : None
- Bills cannot be generated for the same day
You cannot generate bills for the same day, for example, you cannot give the date range as '16/10/2019 - 16/10/2019' as the billing is done from 12 AM to 12 AM.
Workaround: To perform billing for one day, the date range should be '15/10/2019/ - 16/10/2019'
- Virtual Machine deployed under vSAN Datastore does not display the Datastore Hierarchy in Metric Chart in Dashboards
vSAN Datastore deployed Virtual Machines will have Virtual Disk Metric Hierarchy rather than the Datastore Hierarchy.
- Billing in the vRealize Operations Tenant App for vCenter does not work if the Virtual Machines are placed under host/cluster
In vRealize Operations Tenant App for vCenter, the bill value is zero for Virtual Machines if they are not placed under a resource pool.
- Add a resource pool under your cluster and move the Virtual Machines under that resource pool.
- Generate a bill from Tenant App using the resource pool or the cluster.
- Upgrade of Tenant App fails in VAMI with an error 'Failed to install updates(Error while running installation tests) on <Day>, <Year> <Month> <Date> <Time>'
When you try to upgrade the Tenant App from an older version, it fails with an error 'Failed to install updates (Error while running installation tests)'.
You can check if the /opt/vmware/var/log/vami/updatecli.log file contains the error 'Installing package tenant-app-2.0.0-15579401.noarch needs X MB on the / filesystem and X free MB is available in the system'.
Workaround: Run the 'docker image prune -a' to clear the space in Tenant App without affecting the functionality.
- Customer security scanning report displays the 'TenantApp exposing Internal IP Address' message
While performing security scanning on Tenant App in the customer environment, the scanning report displays a message that the Tenant App could expose the internal IP address. This is due to the Ngnix configuration.
- SSH into Tenant App using root credentials.
- Run "docker ps" and note the "CONTAINER ID" of tenant-app-ui docker from the list of dockers that is displayed.
- Go to tenant-app-ui using "docker exec -it
bash"and e dit the nginx.conf file in "/etc/nginx/nginx.conf" location.
Search for 'server_name _;' and replace '_' with the tenant-app-ip or tenant-app-hostname.
- Searh for 'add_header X-Upstream $upstream_addr always;' and include a comment by adding an '#' in front of it, '#add_header X-Upstream $upstream_addr always;'.
Save the nginx.conf file.
Run the following command to stop the nginx server:
/usr/sbin/nginx -s stop
Run the following command to restart the nginx server:
/usr/sbin/nginx -s reload
- Operation Manager menu is not available in VMware Cloud Director 10.3 (Tenant Login)
Customers with Tenant App 2.6.1 and vCD 10.3 cannot access the Tenant App UI with the vCD tenant login even when the vCD plugin registration is successful in the Tenant App admin login.
- SSH to Tenant App VA with root access.
- Navigate to the location: “/opt/vmware/plugin”.
- Download the “plugin.zip” to your location machine from the above location.
- Login to vCD (https://<VCD FQDN>/provider) with root access.
- Navigate to More -> Customize Portal -> Manage Plugins -> Plugins
- Remove existing 'Operations Plugin' (vRealize Operations Tenant App for VMware Cloud Director extension), if any.
- Click Upload, and then click SELECT PLUGIN FILE in the popup wizard.
- Select the plugin.zip that you downloaded and click NEXT.
- Select the 'Scope' and 'Publish to' in the Select Scope & Publishing tab.
- Click NEXT.
- Review and click FINISH.
- Logout from vCD (Provider login).
- Log in to vCD as a tenant.
- Verify the Operation Manager under the More drop-down menu.
- Access Tenant App by clicking the “Operation Manager”.