This topic tells you how to install Metric Store.
For a list of compatible Ops Manager and VMware Tanzu Application Service versions, see Product Snapshot.
Install Metric Store
- Download the product file from VMware Tanzu Network.
- Navigate to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Import a Product to upload the product file.
- Under the Import a Product button, click + next to the version number of Metric Store. This adds the tile to your staging area.
Create a Network
If you do not want to use an existing network for Metric Store, you can create a new network by following these steps:
- Click the BOSH Director tile on the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard.
- Navigate to Create Networks and click Add Network.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the service network.
- Enter the network details.
- Click Save.
Configure the Metric Store Tile
To configure the Metric Store tile, perform the following steps:
- Click the Metric Store tile on the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard.
- Navigate to Assign AZs and Networks.
- Select an Availability Zone (AZ) for placing singleton jobs.
- Select one or more AZs for balancing other jobs. To create a highly available environment, VMware recommends selecting multiple AZs.
- Select Network for installing Metric Store.
- Click Save.
Metric Store Resources
You can configure Metric Store resources in the Resource Config section of the Metric Store tile. By default, Metric Store configuration is pre-selected for all deployments.
Verifying installation of Metric Store
Please see the Authorization and Authentication section of the topic Using Metric Store.