You can configure custom recovery steps to perform tasks for a virtual machine before and after Site Recovery Manager powers them on.
About this task
Site Recovery Manager associates command steps with a protected or recovered virtual machine in the same way as customization information. If different recovery plans contain the same virtual machine, the commands and prompts are the same.
You have a recovery plan to which to add custom steps.
- Click Recovery Plans in the Site Recovery Manager interface, and select a recovery plan.
- Click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Right-click a virtual machine and click Configure.
- Select Pre-Power On Steps or Post Power On Steps in the left pane, and click Add.
- Select Command on SRM Server or Command on Recovered VM.
- In the Name text box, type a name for the step.
- In the Content text box, type the commands for the step to run.
- (Optional) Modify the Timeout setting.
- Click OK to add the step to the recovery plan.
- Click OK to reconfigure the virtual machine to run the command before or after it powers on.