You can reconfigure the replication to enable or disable a virtual machine disk file for replication, modify replication options, such as RPO or the quiescing method. You can also specify a different target datastore for replica configuration and disk files and move the virtual machine to a different vSphere Replication server.
You configured vSphere Replication on one or more virtual machines.
- Select the vSphere Replication view of the Site Recovery Manager interface.
- Select a vSphere Replication server and click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Select a virtual machine or use the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple virtual machines, right-click and select Configure Replication.
- (Optional) Use the RPO slider or enter a value to reconfigure the maximum amount of data that can be lost in the case of a site failure.
The available RPO range is from 15 minutes to 24 hours.
- (Optional) Change the Guest OS Quiescing configuration, if applicable to the virtual machine guest operating system
- (Optional) Change the target location for the virtual machine files.
Reconfigure replication of a single virtual machine
Click Browse to change the target location for the virtual machine files.
Reconfigure replication of multiple virtual machines
Select Initial copies of .vmdk files have been placed on the target datastore if you have copied replication seeds to a new target datastore.
- (Optional) Change the replication destination for each media device for the virtual machine.
The next pages are created dynamically depending on the media devices installed on the virtual machine. They might include multiple virtual drives, all of which you can configure individually. Configurable settings include whether the virtual drive is replicated, the virtual drive's replication destination, and information about how the replicated virtual drive is configured. If the disk is to be replicated, select a replication destination for the disk before proceeding.
- (Optional) Select a different vSphere Replication server to manage the replication of this virtual machine.
- Review the settings and click Finish to establish replication.
vSphere Replication starts an initial full synchronization of the virtual machine files to the designated datastore on the target site.