You can configure a virtual machine in a recovery plan to use a prescribed customization specification, or to run message or command steps when it is recovered.
About this task
Message and command steps added to the recovery steps for a virtual machine operate like message and command steps added to a recovery plan. See Guidelines for Writing Command Steps.
- Connect the vSphere Client to the vCenter Server instance on the recovery site.
- In the Site Recovery Manager interface, click Recovery Plans in the left pane, and click the plan to customize.
- Click the Recovery Steps tab or the Virtual Machines tab.
- Right-click a virtual machine in the list, and click Configure.
- Click IP Settings.
You can also type a description of the specification you apply. Only the IP properties from the selected specification are applied. If you used the dr-ip-customizer.exe command to customize virtual machines in the recovery plan, you do not need to specify that customization here.
- Select the appropriate entry to add a message or command step that runs before the machine is powered on.
- Select the appropriate entry to add a message or command step that runs after the machine is powered on.
The customizations that you specify become associated with the protected virtual machine. As a result, the settings are shared between all recovery plans that apply to this virtual machine.
If you remove the protection of a virtual machine, all recovery customizations are lost.