If you do not need to replicate a virtual machine, you can stop the replication of that virtual machine.
About this task
Stopping replication of a virtual machine does not remove it from any protection groups of which it is a member.
You have configured vSphere Replication on a virtual machine that you no longer need to protect.
- Select the vSphere Replication view of the Site Recovery Manager interface.
- Select a vSphere Replication server and click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Select a virtual machine and click Remove Replication.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to stop replicating this virtual machine.
- Select the Protection Groups view of the Site Recovery Manager interface.
- Select the protection group of which the virtual machine is a member, and click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Select the virtual machine on which you stopped replication and click Remove Protection.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to stop protecting this virtual machine.
The virtual machine does not replicate to the target site.
The virtual machine is no longer included in a protection group.