If you did not configure the datastore mappings before configuring vSphere Replication on multiple virtual machines, the replication configuration fails.
On the Virtual Machines tab for a vSphere Replication site, virtual machines appear in red with the status Datastore mappings were not configured.
You did not configure datastore mappings before configuring replication on multiple virtual machines. You must reconfigure replication on the virtual machines individually.
- Select the vSphere Replication view in the Site Recovery Manager interface.
- Select the remote vSphere Replication site and click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Right-click a virtual machine with the status Datastore mappings were not configured and select Configure Replication.
The RPO value and any quiescing methods that you set when you attempted to configure the multiple virtual machines are already set.
- Click Browse to select the target datastore for the VMX file and click Next.
- Click Browse to select the target datastore for the VMDK file and click Next.
- Select a vSphere Replication server on the target site and click Next.
- Click Finish.
When the reconfiguration is finished, the virtual machine synchronizes with the target site.
- Repeat Step 3 through Step 7 for all virtual machines that show the status Datastore mappings were not configured.