To install the Site Recovery Manager client plug-in, you use a vSphere Client to connect to the vCenter Server at the protected or recovery site. You download the plug-in from the Site Recovery Manager Server and enable it in the vSphere Client.
About this task
When you install the Site Recovery Manager Server, the Site Recovery Manager client plug-in becomes available as a download from the vCenter Server instance that the Site Recovery Manager Server installation extends. You can download, install, and enable the Site Recovery Manager client plug-in on any host where a vSphere Client is installed.
Verify that you installed Site Recovery Manager Server instances at the protected and recovery sites.
- Start the vSphere Client and connect to vCenter Server at either the protected or recovery site.
- Select .
- Under Available Plug-ins, locate VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager Extension and click Download and Install.
- Review and accept the certificate.
This step only occurs if you use certificate-based authentication.
- After the download finishes, click Run to start the installation wizard, select the installation language, and click OK.
- Click Next to start the installation, then click Next again at the VMware Patents page.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and click Next.
- Click Install.
- When the installation finishes, click Finish.
If the installation replaced any open files, you are prompted to shut down and restart Windows.